The following text was provided by the Hurld Elementary School:
Welcome Back!!!!! We hope you all had a relaxing, fun-filled summer, and are ready for an exciting, productive school year. We have all been working very hard to be ready for this school year. There are a few things we would like to remind you or inform you about.
- All correspondence in terms of newsletters and calendar events will now be posted on the new website. Woburn Public Schools has gone to a new and improved site called Edline. You will, in the near future, get an access code for your child or children, and be able to access progress reports and report cards as well as classroom information for them. Right now, beginning next week, I will be posting all calendar events and newsletters on the school site, which you may access be going to http://www.woburnps.com/hurld. If you have no Internet access, please fill out the attached form and turn it in to your child’s teacher, and we will arrange for paper copies to be sent home. I will most often post the newsletter on Friday afternoons, so please check for new postings. This is different from previous years that you signed up to receive the newsletter by email, so please check it often.
- Lunch prices remain the same as last year. Tickets cost $2.25 and are to be purchased on Mondays for the week. Menus go home at the end of the month. Milk costs 50 cents.
- Beginning on Monday, 9/10/12, we will be offering before school care from 7:15 a.m. until school begins. The cost for this is $6.00 per day. If you are interested in having your child have before school care, please call the office and ask to have an application sent home.
- You will be receiving many forms to be filled out today. Please do this as soon as possible and return them via your child’s backpack. Among things that must be returned are Emergency Information forms (filled out completely), free & reduced lunch forms and Insurance forms. Even if you do not want or qualify for these, please just sign and return them indicating that you are not interested. Thank you for your cooperation.
Dates to Remember:
- 9/19—Early Release day—12:30—Lunch will be served
- 9/20—Back to School Night—Details to follow