5T: New Businesses Coming To Woburn?
Make sure to check in with today's column of news, events, history and more.
Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) New businesses?
The City Council is expected to hear special permit requests from two potential new businesses: Boston Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 102-104 Main St. and Great Dog Rescue NE at 34 Holton St.
2) WMHS sports
- 4 p.m.: Boys & Girls Varsity Track
- 5:30 p.m.: Girls JV Basketball at Belmont
- 5:30 p.m.: Boys JV Basketball vs. Belmont
- 7 p.m.: Girls Varsity Basketball at Belmont
- 7 p.m.: Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Belmont
3) From 60 degrees to snow. Really.
According to the National Weather Service's pinpointed forecast for Woburn, yesterday's 60 degrees will be a pleasant memory today. Expect tempertures to drop into the 40s with a chance of a snow shower after dark.
4) In case you missed it
A new law that has been nearly a decade in the making was signed by Gov. Deval Patrick last week. Read about a Woburn mother who helped make the law a reality here: Law Will Allow Woburn Students to Carry Epi-Pens.
5) Historic Headline
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? A headline in the newspaper regarding Jan. 15 events in Woburn was:
- 1923—Priest, Saved At Woburn Fire, Dies—Rev. Walter A. Fegan succumbed to Pneumonia.