5T: New England Patriots Set To Visit Woburn
Catch up on news, weather and history tidbits in today's column.
Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) Flu Clinic
Don't forget that the Board of Health is holding a free flu clinic for all residents over the age of 5 years old. All you need is your health insurance card. To speed things up, make a photocopy of the card and bring it with you!
2) The Patriots visit Woburn
Are you a football fan? Then you will want to be at the Scoreboard tonight at 5:30 p.m. New England Patriots players Kyle Love and Kyle Arrington will be at the Woburn restaurant tonight as part of a fundraiser for the Ream Team Foundation. Click here for more information.
According to the National Weather Service's specialized forecast just for Woburn, it's going to be a rather chilly one today! The NWS says we will have sunshine, but temperatures are going to be in the mid-40s. Grab those heavy jackets, you might need them today!
4) In case you missed it
In case you weren't able to keep up with Woburn Police news last week—and with the hurricane and a movie filming in town, we wouldn't blame you for missing it!—you can catch up with our weekly Police Week in Review here.
5) Headlines in history
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? Some headlines in newspapers regarding Nov. 5 events in Woburn were:
- 1908—Stewart Removed—The Woodbrook Cemetery commissioner is replaced by W.M. Thompson.
- 1914—Meet in Winchester—The annual meeting of the Andover and Woburn branch of the Woman's Board of Missions.
- 1951—Man Killed Removing Shotgun—A 25-year-old Main Street man is killed accidentally.
- 1960—Woburn Tips Danvers, 28-0
- 1967—Woburn's Measles Conquerer Tackles Heart Attack Toll—Dr. Hardcastle held screenings at WHS.