5T: Presti Murders Were Nine Years Ago Today
Make sure to check in with today's column of news, events, history and more.
Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) City Council
The City Council subcommittees on Finance and Public Safety will meet tonight at 6 p.m. in the City Hall conference room. According to the agenda, a couple of money transfers and requests are on the table tonight. Also, there is communication from the Traffic Commission relative to a request for traffic safety improvements at the intersection of Green and Nashua streets.
2) Early dismissal this week
The Woburn Public Schools will have a half-day on Friday, Jan. 11. Early dismissal times are:
- Woburn Memorial High School, 11:30 a.m.
- Joyce and Kennedy middle schools, 12 p.m.
- Elementary schools, 12:30 p.m.
3) Morning snow
According to the National Weather Service's pinpointed forecast for Woburn, we may have some snow during our morning commute. Any snow we get will taper off by 9 a.m. and change to partly sunny skies. Temperatures will be in the 30s, says the NWS.
4) In case you missed it
The weekly roundup of Woburn Police news was posted on Sunday. Check it out here: Five Police Incidents That Had Woburn Talking.
5) Historic Headline
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? A headline in the newspaper regarding Jan. 7 events in Woburn was:
- 2004—Services Held for Slaying Victims—The bodies of Alyssa and Joanne Presti were found in their Totman Drive home by Woburn Police on Jan. 7, 2004. (Note: Services were held for the Prestis on Jan. 15, 2004.)