5T: Ring in 2013, Reflect on 2012
Make sure to check in with today's column of news, events, history and more.
Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) Happy New Year!
Get ready to ring in 2013 with a party! Here are three that we know of... If you know of another, add it to our comments.
- New Year's Eve at Beacon Grille, 4 p.m.
- New Years Eve Celebration, 8 p.m.
- Woburn Young Peoples New Years Eve Alkathon-Dance, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
2) Reflect on 2012
Take some time today to look back on the year that was: 2012. Here are our compilation stories outlining the top reads of the year in Woburn:
- Top 12 in 2012: Popular Police News in Woburn
- Top 12 in 2012: Fantastic Feel-Good News in Woburn
- Top 5 in 2012: Smart School News in Woburn
- Top 5 in 2012: Big Business News in Woburn
- Top 12 in 2012: The Biggest News in Woburn
3) Clearing skies
According to the National Weather Service's pinpointed forecast for Woburn, it looks like we'll enjoy some clear skies and sunshine today. It's going to be a chilly one, though, so make sure you bring your hat and gloves with you. (You did get a new set for Christmas, right?) Temperatures will hover in the low 30s most of the day.
4) In case you missed it
Although it was a mostly quiet week for Woburn Police, you'll want to catch up with our weekly recap of WPD news here: Five Police Incidents That Had Woburn Talking.
5) Historic Headline
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? A headline in the newspaper regarding Dec. 31 events in Woburn was:
- 1926—Woburn Mayor Denies A Deficit of $110,000—Although state auditors report a deficit in the city's revenues, Mayor Thomas H. Duffy denies the charge.