5T: Snow Flakes Possible This Morning
Your daily column of news, events, history and more in Woburn.
Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) Agricultural meeting tonight
The city's Agricultural Commission is meeting tonight at Spence Farm. Several topics are on the agenda, including the indoor Farmer's Market and a December blood drive.
2) Change in plans
There has been a change in plans for the Woburn Public Library's scheduled visit with author William Martin. The author talk has been rescheduled to Thursday, Dec. 6. Martin will be discussing his latest book: The Lincoln Letter.
According to the National Weather Service's specialized forecast just for Woburn, we could see some snow in Woburn early this morning. Yeah! Snow! The NWS says that we will have rain and/or snow before 9 a.m., when precipitation will turn to all rain for the rest of the day. Expect some high winds, gusts could get as strong as 40 miles per hour, this afternoon. And although we'll have some flakes, don't expect any accumulation. The rain will wash it away!
4) In case you missed it
Although we were really busy covering the election yesterday, we also stopped in to check with Woburn Police for our daily log. Check the log here: Teens Mug Man in Wheelchair.
5) Headlines in history
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? Some headlines in newspapers regarding Nov. 7 events in Woburn were:
- 1890—Woburn Receives A Relic—The library receives "relic of war."
- 1905—Woburn—80 percent of voters take part in election.
- 1939—'Jailed' Firemen in Woburn Freed by Court Order—Chief ordered to resume "two-platoon" system.
- 1995—Cummings Breaks Ground on Woburn Office Project—At TradeCenter, next to Routes 128/93.