Can Your Cell Phone Make You Sick?
AT&T officials offer tips to keep your cells germ-free this winter.
The following text was submitted by AT&T:
Cell phone users can follow a few simple rules to avoid getting sick from their cell phones – some of these will sound familiar:
- Keep your germs to yourself. Don’t share your cell phone unless it’s an emergency. This rule is especially important for teens who tend to pass phones around or parents who let their toddlers play with their phones.
- Wash your hands frequently. Sing a verse from a familiar song (e.g., “Happy Birthday”) while lathering and rinsing. Don’t rush.
- Follow your phone manufacturer’s instructions and clean your cell frequently.
- Try using a hands-free headset, minimizing your keypad-to-face exposure
- Don’t – please don’t – use your phone in a restroom. Some things can wait!