City Offers Tips for Flu Prevention
With record numbers of flu cases, the Board of Health is recommending residents get a flu shot. Where in Woburn can you get one?
Due to the record number of flu cases reported in Massachusetts, the Woburn Board of Health is recommending citizens take action to combat the illness.
Board of Health Registered Nurse Karen DeCampo has the following tips:
- Vaccination is the best defense in flu prevention; get a flu shot every year.
- Frequent hand-washing with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or into your sleeve.
- Stay home when you have a fever.
- If you have the flu, stay home, drink plenty of liquids and avoid contact with others until symptoms subside.
Nurse Decampo said Friday that the following Woburn locations have flu shots available for people over the age of 18:
- Walgreen's—both locations
- CVS—the Woburn Mall location will have vaccines as of today, a small amount is still available at the Main Street store.
- Rite Aid—has high-dose flu vaccines for people over 65 years old; will have more vaccines available today.
Although the information on flu vaccines is current, the Board of Health recommends that residents contact their primary care physician for a flu shot first, and always call the pharmacy ahead of time before going.