Five Things To Do This Weekend, Jan. 8-9
Check out Horn Pond in all its wintry glory.
It’s that time of year where the holidays are over, but winter is in full swing. What should you do this weekend? We have five ideas for you.
- Adopt a kitty: Have you done your research and decided that you are in the market for a new pet? Petco is hosting an adoptable cats meet and greet on Saturday between 1 and 3 p.m. Remember, adopting an animal isn’t a last-minute decision, so please discuss it with your family before taking home one of these adorable kitties.
- Sa-wing batta!: Need to work on your baseball or softball swing? Head on over to Extra Innings on Micro Drive and take a few swings in the indoor batting cages. The facility is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Walk in the parks: Take a break this weekend and head over to Horn Pond, where you can walk through the area and enjoy the view of the winterized, frozen-over water. Walk through the parks that were dedicated in honor of several Woburnites.
- Shop ‘til you drop: Head on over to the Woburn Mall this weekend and look for some post-holiday sales. TJ Maxx is a Woburn Patch favorite with its nifty clothes and even niftier prices.
- Knit a bit: It’s cold out. What better way to combat the cold than by knitting a nice, warm winter scarf? Head on over to AC Moore on Elm Street and pick up some yarn and knitting needles and get started. Not sure how to knit? There are lots of how-to magazines and books available at the store, as well. We here at Woburn Patch are hoping to give the “double-knitting” technique a try this weekend.