Five Things You Need to Know Today, April 20
A tragedy in Colorado on this day in history.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, April 20. Here are five things you need to know:
- Shower anyone?: It looks like the gray skies are going to stay with us today, as the National Weather Service is saying showers are “likely.” We may even see some thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Temperatures will probably stay in the high 40s and low 50s today.
- Breakfast series continues: The Woburn Senior Center’s Breakfast and Lecture Series continues today with a session on nutrition questions and answers. The breakfast starts at 9:45 a.m., followed by the lecture.
- Trash delay: Don’t forget, the Monday holiday has delayed trash pick-up by one day in the city.
- In case you missed it: A group of Woburn residents ran in the Boston Marathon on Monday. We are proud of all the Tanners who took part in the race! Check out their names and times here on Woburn Patch.
- A massacre: On this day in 1999, two Columbine High School students entered the building and began shooting students and teachers. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris killed 12 students and one teacher, and wounded 23 others, before turning the guns on themselves and committing suicide. In the years since the tragic school shooting, the library where students were killed has been turned into an atrium.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.