Five Things You Need to Know Today, April 26
Enjoy some giggles tonight at the Elks.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, April 26. Here are five things you need to know:
- More clouds: The cloudy skies are going to stay with us today, as the National Weather Service is predicting rain and clouds, and possibly thunderstorms, after 10 a.m. today. Expect temperatures to stay around 55 degrees, which is still slightly chilly for this time of year.
- Get some laughs: Enjoy some laughs and help the Linscott School tonight at the Woburn Elks. Bucky Lewis will be on hand to make you laugh and there will be raffle prizes, as well. The money earned from the fundraiser will help future Linscott programs.
- Kiwanis: The city’s Kiwanis Club will hold it’s weekly meeting tonight at 6:45 p.m. The meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Select on Middlesex Canal Park.
- In case you missed it: Each week, we look at Patch Picks in Woburn and surrounding communities. This week, we need your help in finding five great places or ways to celebrate Cinqo de Mayo in our fine city. Click here and let us know in the comments section!
- Just come on down to 54: On this day in 1977, the famous nightclub Studio 54 opened in midtown Manhattan. The club, known for wild parties and as a hotspot for celebrities, authors and politicians, was at 254 West 54St. The club was open for three years before it shut its doors in 1980.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.