Five Things You Need To Know Today, April 4
Temperatures are warming up today.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Another nice one: Yesterday was such a beauty. Let's keep it up today! The National Weather Service is forecasting partly cloudy skies with a high temperature of 61. Get out and enjoy the warmth. Summer is coming! We can feel it!
2) What's cooking?: Whole Foods continues its "What's Cooking Wednesday?" program tonight. Between 5 and 6 p.m. tonight, you can check out what's cooking all throughout the store with free samples. Come home with some new ideas to try.
3) Event Spotlight: Tuning Up for Spring Sports is being offered at the Holiday Inn Select, 15 Middlesex Canal Park. Listen to a presentation from sports medicine specialists Jim DeVellis, MD, Joseph Czarnecki, MD and Peter Yeh, MD. They'll discuss injuries and how to prevent them for adults.
4) In case you missed it: Getting those spring plantings ready? Check out Nadine's article from yesterday and find out exactly what you should be doing this time of year for your beautiful garden.
5) Fatal inauguration: On this day in 1841, President William Henry Harrison died while in office of complications of pneumonia. Harrison was the 9th president of the United States and the first to pass away while serving in office. Since he died only 32 days into his term, he also holds the record for the shortest presidency. His death sparked a constitutional crisis, but also paved the way for the development of our current process of succession. Harrison's death is often attributed to coming down with pneumonia after delivering a long inaugural address on a cold and wet day while not wearing a hat or overcoat.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.