Five Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 2
Ladies Night Out to benefit Woburn veterans is tonight.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Clouds return: Although the National Weather Service says it’s going to be cloudy today, temperatures are still going to be higher than normal. We’ll see the high 40s today, before temps dwindle into the 30s after dark.
2) New look WuPatch: Well, what do you think of the new look to Woburn Patch? Only a handful of Patch sites got the new look. Woburn was chosen because we have the best readers around! So let us know what you think of it! Click here to comment.
3) Event spotlight: The Ladies Auxiliary of the American Legion Post 101 will hold a special “Ladies Night Out” tonight at the Legion. Several vendors, including Pampered Chef, Silpada Jewelry and Lindt Chocolate will be on hand. The fun begins at 6 p.m.
4) In case you missed it: The search for Melanie Melanson continues, as her family holds onto hope that the remains of the 14-year-old girl who went missing 22 years ago will be found in the woods of Woburn. Click here for the most recent information available!
5) “My boy’s wicked smaht”: On this day in 1997, the state of Massachusetts swelled with pride as local boys Matt Damon and Ben Affleck premiered their movie “Good Will Hunting” in Los Angeles. Damon and Affleck wrote the movie, about a group of friends in South Boston. Damon portrayed the math genius from the streets helped out by Robin Williams’ professor character. One of the most famous scenes from the film? Affleck telling Damon’s character about how “for 10 seconds” every day he hopes that Damon will not be at home, that he’ll have left for the bigger things Affleck wanted for him.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.