Five Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 23
Sea Dog hosts Eve of Christmas Eve bash.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Friends call me Snow Miser: OK, it’s not going to be a lot of snow, so Mr. White Christmas isn’t going to be thrilled. But we will see a little snow this morning, probably before 10 a.m., says the National Weather Service. The white stuff might come back Friday night, but don’t expect any accumulation. Temperatures will hover around 40 degrees most of the day.
2) Kris Kringle meet-up: There’s still time to meet Father Christmas at the Woburn Mall before his big day. Stop by the mall anytime today or tomorrow between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and have your picture taken with Santa!
3) Event spotlight: Grab those ugly Christmas sweaters, it’s time for the Sea Dog Brew Pub’s first annual Eve of Christmas Eve Extravaganza/Ugly Sweater Party! The fun begins at 7 p.m. There will be live music and prizes for those wearing the tackiest of holiday sweaters.
4) In case you missed it: The Woburn Historical Society hosted the Living History Guild Singers for a holiday concert earlier this week. Take a look at photos and video from the event here.
5) Streets of Philadelphia: On this day in 1993, the feature film Philadelphia opened in theaters across the U.S. The movie starred Tom Hanks as a gay lawyer fired from his job because he has contracted AIDS. It was the first major motion picture to tackle the sensitive topic of AIDS in such an open manner. Philadelphia won two Oscars, including Best Actor, which went to Hanks.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.