Five Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 30
Snow is possible this morning.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Snow possible: We may be starting our day off with some slight snow showers today, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS says there will be snow showers between 8 and 10 a.m. this morning, followed by some rain. But don’t expect too much precipitation, as it’ll likely be mostly cloudy for much of the day.
2) New Year’s Eve: Woburn Patch is compiling a list of New Year’s Eve celebrations in the city. Be sure to e-mail Amanda Kersey if you have a party you’d like to be included in our list.
3) Event spotlight: In the mood for some live music tonight? Then head over to Polcari’s where an acoustic duo will delight you. Some Fridays, Two for the Road performs, while other Fridays, it’s Grand Theft Audio.
4) In case you missed it: We took a look back at the year in review, starting with the top 10 police logs of 2011. Click here to see what got everyone’s attention in 2011.
5) Gonzaga ‘68: On this day in 1968, a little-known British rock group would open for Vanilla Fudge at Gonzaga University in Washington. The show was only the fifth American show for now-legendary group Led Zeppelin. The show was recorded by an unknown student and was the first Zeppelin live recording. The bootleg tape features Robert Plant introducing his bandmates to light applause and the singer discussing a new “tune” called “Dazed and Confused.”
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.