Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Love is in the air: And so are clouds! According to the National Weather Service, this Valentine’s Day will be filled with clouds. Boo! Expect temperatures to stay around 45 degrees today, before dipping into the 30s tonight.
2) A lovely exhibit: The Woburn Historical Society is hosting a military exhibit at the Burdett Mansion on Mishawum Road. See artifacts, including helmets, uniforms, posters and more. Click here for more information.
3) Event spotlight: Nothing says love quite like the School Committee. So why not spend your Valentine’s Day evening with them? The School Committee meeting is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. tonight.
4) In case you missed it: You know what Woburn Police loves to do? Protect the public. And, boy, did they have a lot of protecting to do this weekend! Check out the arrest log here and the police log here.
5) Valentine’s Day: On this day in 728 A.D., a Roman priest named Valentine was beheaded. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen. Valentine’s Day started with a beheading. Valentine was executed because he continued to perform marriage services for people while they were outlawed in Rome. Legend says that Valentine befriended his jailer’s daughter and left her a brief note signed “From Your Valentine.” After his death, Valentine was deemed a saint. Eventually, the day became what it is known for today—a “holiday” when people exchange love notes and small gifts.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.