Five Things You Need To Know Today, Feb. 20
Presidents Day is today.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Let's Go Fly A Kite: The National Weather service is saying today will be mostly sunny with some wind. Although it looks as though the temperatures will not be ideal for flying kites, the high will be 39 with a low of 25, you can give it a try anyway!
2) Public Skating: Dust off the skates and lace 'em up. Public skating by the Recreation Department will be from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the O'Brien Ice Rink.
3) Event spotlight: Start vacation week off right and challenging your physical fitness! The New England Small Circle Jujitsu Academy is offering a $2 fitness kickboxing class today at 6 p.m.
4) In case you missed it: Did you see our little friend Frank in the Photo of the Day Friday? Associate Editor Chloe approved and told us she has a bit of a crush on the little guy. Check him out here!
5) Gold is good: On this day in 1998, American ice skater Tara Lipinsky, at just age 15, became the youngest gold medalist in Winter Olympics history when she struck gold for her performance in the ladies' figure skating competition in Nagano, Japan.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.