Five Things You Need To Know Today, Feb. 29
It's Leap Day!
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Snow is here: Looks like those of you who have been upset that it hasn't snowed much are finally getting what you've asked for! According to the National Weather Service, Woburn will see four to six inches snow today. The NWS says snow should start after school today and continue into the night. Expect some snow to carry over into Thursday, too.
2) Playoff hockey: The Woburn Memorial High School boys' hockey team will face off against St. Peter-Marian in the MIAA North Division I playoff tournament tonight! The puck drops at 8 p.m. at the Ned O'Brien Rink. The winner will play either Reading or Chelmsford on March 3.
3) Event spotlight: The Woburn Business Association will host a networking event tonight at 5 p.m. The gathering will be at McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton, PA, 128-300 Trade Center - Suite 6400. Get those business cards ready!
4) In case you missed it: We unveiled a new feature on Woburn Patch Monday called Best of... Did you see it? This week, we're looking for the Best Sub Sandwich in Woburn. There are two ways to vote: either in our poll or by leaving a review for the business in our Patch Places directory. Let us know who you think delivers the best subs in Woburn here!
5) It's Leap Day: On this day, Feb. 29, every four years, modern society does its best to keep up with the sun, moon and stars. The Earth orbits the sun every 365.242 days, which doesn't really make for a convenient calendar. So, every four years, we add an extra day to February to even things out. One Leap Day tradition is that women propose to their boyfriends.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.