Five Things You Need To Know Today, Feb. 3
Today's fun fact is a real winner!
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Walking on sunshine: It’s a brief forecast today, but we kind of like it! The National Weather Service says, “Sunny, with a high near 36.” Simple, yet sunny. We’ll take it!
2) Math Bee: The Hurld Elementary School is in the midst of its Math Bee fundraiser. This challenges is the school’s biggest fundraiser. How can you help? By sponsoring a child! Find out more at the Hurld PTO website. (This link will take you off of Woburn Patch!)
3) Event spotlight: It’s getting chilly, and with that, we need some chili. (Ha! Get it? Sorry, sometimes we amuse ourselves.) Anyway, the United Methodist Church is holding a Chili Cook-Off this Saturday at 7 p.m. Find out more here!
4) In case you missed it: A Burlington woman stepped forward Wednesday to admit that she had been sexually abused for years by a relative. Some of the abuse occurred in Woburn, at the movie theater. Read the story here.
5) Go Pats!: On this day in 2002, the New England Patriots won its first Super Bowl championship thanks to a last-second 48-yard field goal by Adam Vinatieri. It was a memorable game for many, as it was held under extensive security (as a precaution after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks) and Pres. George Bush conducted the coin toss. Singer Mariah Carey belted out the anthem, and supergroup U2 performed at half-time.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.