Five Things You Need To Know Today, July 11
Free concert to be held downtown tonight.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) More sun: Our humidity remains low, but we can expect a high of 83 degrees today with mostly sunny skies. This has been a fantastic stretch of weather!
2) The sun & your body: The Whole Body Sun Care Awareness Event will be held at Whole Foods Market, 400 Cambridge Road, at 4 p.m. Have you ever wondered what was in your sunscreen? Now you can find out at Whole Foods as they explain sunscreen and the newest trends in sun care.
3) Event Spotlight: It's Wednesday, you know what that means? Yup, free Wednesday night concert! The show is sponsored by the BrickYard and will be held in Jack Marlowe Park, 371 Main St. at 6 p.m. Tonight's show is The Rico Barr Jumping Jive Review.
4) In Case You Missed It: The city continues its efforts to go green. In an attempt to save the city some money, as well as be environmentally friendly, Woburn will start installing LED lights on some street poles. Check out yesterday's article here.
5) Fighting Founders: On this day in 1804, Secretary of the Treasurery Alexander Hamilton was killed in a duel by his long-time political rival and sitting Vice President Aaron Burr. The two men had a long-standing political and personal conflict that reached the boiling point when Burr felt Hamilton had defamed his character in the press during the 1804 New York gubernatorial race, in which Burr was running. Though Burr was indicted for murder, he was acquitted. The fall-out of the duel, which happened at a time when the country was moving away from such practices, ended his political career.
Want your event to be featured in Five Things? Upload it to our Calendar!