Five Things You Need To Know Today, July 12
Another gorgeous summer day is on tap!
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Hot stuff!: That's right, today will again be hot with a high temperature of 87 degrees. Expect the humidity to return today, too. There will be lots of sunshine, according to the National Weather Service.
2) Trivia time: Stump Trivia invades Tanner Tavern again at 428 Main St. Grab your thinking caps and try to win some prizes. Games begin at 8 p.m.
3) Event Spotlight: Want to work from home? A Woburn public renewable energy company wants you! Go to 700 Unicorn Park Drive today and find out how these representative jobs can work for you.
4) In Case You Missed It: We're hearing from many readers that Woburn Patch doesn't always show up in their Facebook feeds. Want to make sure you find us? Take a look at yesterday's article, where we explain how you can use social media with Patch for a better user experience.
5) Shake it up!: On this day in 1960, the first Etch-A-Sketch went on sale. The artistic toy, invented by French inventor André Cassagnes and manufactured by the Ohio Art Company, features a flat gray screen and two knobs on the front of the frame in the lower corners. Turning the knobs moved a stylus that displaces aluminum powder on the back of the screen, allowing users to draw. And, when after an hour of trying to make a nice picture, if a user accidentally drew a line through their artwork, he or she could shake it in frustration and start over.
Want your event to be featured in Five Things? Upload it to our Calendar!