Five Things You Need to Know Today, July 26
The Patch Passport to Woburn series continues today.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, July 26. Here are five things you need to know:
- A little rain, a little sun: We may see some sun, but also some rain today, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS is forecasting some showers possible before 1 p.m. and thunderstorms possible in the afternoon. Sunshine is likely the rest of the day.
- Heartthrobs: The New England Rehabilitation Hospital’s group of Heart Throbs will be walking in the Boston Heart Walk and would like to carry the name of Woburn’s loved ones lost to heart disease. For $5, you can be a virtual part of the Heart Throbs. Click here for more information.
- Musical fun: Enjoy the musical stylings of Woburnite Greg Chalpin as he performs at the Sea Dog Brew Pub tonight at 6 p.m.
- In case you missed it: Our awesome summer series Patch Passport started yesterday and will continue every day this week. With our special Passport series of articles, you’ll be able to be a tourist in your own town. Check out the first installment in Patch Passport—our Hidden Gem in Woburn—here.
- Nothing stops the mail: On this day in 1775, the United States Post Office was created and Benjamin Franklin was named the first postmaster general. Franklin set up many policies still used by the post office today, including postage rates and efficient routes. Today, there are over 40,000 post offices across the country.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.