Five Things You Need To Know Today, June 11
Budget public hearing tonight.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Sunshiney skies: Oh boy! Sunshine! After last week's dismal weather, we are the National Weather Service is forecasting sunshine and temperatures in the high 70s. Wow!
2) Go potty for mommy: The pet superstore PetSmart is holding a free potty training seminar for dogs today from 4 to 4:30 p.m. While many of the students will probably be puppies, older dogs are also welcome at the class.
3) Event spotlight: Nothing says fun quite like budget season. What? You think we're kidding? The City Council is holding a public hearing on the fiscal 2013 budget tonight at City Hall. The fun begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall Chambers.
4) In case you missed it: We have an amazing list of Woburn Patch Local Voices who contribute to our site daily. From high school students reporting on issues for teens to real estate agents offering market watch information to residents opining on neighborhood issues, we have something for everyone. And we're always looking for more contributors. If blogging is for you, start here and become a Woburn Patch Local Voice!
5) Swing batta batta!: On this day in 1986, a movie legend was born. Well, at least according to those of us approaching or beyond our late 30s! The film Ferris Bueller's Day Off debuted in American theaters 26 years ago today. The teen comedy focused on Ferris, a lovable high school student, who could get away with anything. Ferris takes his girlfriend Sloane and his best friend Cameron on a whirlwind ride, eating at a fancy restaurant (who could forget Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman?), seeing a baseball game and even singing in a parade—all without getting in trouble with Ferris' principal, Mr. Rooney. Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
To find out what's going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.