Five Things You Need To Know Today, June 15
Catch up on Woburn Police's wild Wednesday.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) A beautiful weekend: We certainly don't want to jinx it, but... The National Weather Service is showing us a forecast filled with a bright big orb in the sky! Today it's expected to be bright and sunny, with temperatures in the low 70s. Look for more of the same Saturday and Sunday!
2) Benefit concert: A special charity benefit concert will be held tonight at the Sons of Italy. The 50-Mile Challenge team will be raising money for Multiple Sclerosis with a party at the hall. The public is welcome. Tickets are only $25. Fun begins at 7 p.m.
3) Event spotlight: It's that time of year—time for Woburn's huge summer bash: the Flag Day Carnival, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club. With family night tonight and fireworks tomorrow, there is a little something for everyone. Check out the full schedule here.
4) In case you missed it: Woburn Police were rather busy Wednesday—A stranger was found in a woman's closet, a bone was found at a construction site, a toddler was left alone in the car and police and fire rescued an elderly woman who had fallen and could not get up or reach the phone. Read all about this wild Wednesday here.
5) We'll take Oregon, you can have Canada: On this day in 1846, United States and British officials settled on a compromise regarding land in the Western part of North America. According to the Oregon Treaty, the US would gain control over the land that would become Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho, while the British kept Vancouver Island and navigation rights over the Columbia River.
To find out what's going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.