Five Things You Need to Know Today, June 29
New tasting program at Whole Foods starts tonight.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, June 29. Here are five things you need to know:
- Sun and clouds: It’ll be a little bit of everything today, as the National Weather Service is forecasting showers and possible thunderstorms before 11 a.m. and sunshine in the afternoon. Temperatures will remain in the 80s, according to the NWS.
- Shop and eat: Food shopping just got a whole lot more tasty at Whole Foods. As part of its What’s Cooking Wednesday? program tonight, you can browse the aisles and taste free samples in each section. There will also be cooking demonstrations! The event will be from 5 to 6 p.m. today at the Cambridge Road supermarket.
- Attention new moms: Are you a new mom thinking about breastfeeding? There is a Nursing Mothers Group today at Baldwin Park I on Alfred Street from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Stop by to have questions answered and talk about nursing with other new moms and medical professionals.
- In case you missed it: A person interrupted a break-in in progress at the North Congregational Church on Monday, setting into motion a police response that traced the suspect to a minor car crash. The suspect alluded police Monday, but was described by witnesses. Read all about the incident here.
- Where have you gone...: On this day in 1941, New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio broke George Sisler's 1922 record by getting a base hit in his 42nd consecutive game. DiMaggio ould continue his streak for a total of 56 games, a record that still stands today.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.