Five Things You Need To Know Today, June 29
How hot will it get today?
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) It'll be a scorch-ah!: Looks like we'll see some isolated thunderstorms in the morning, but then a lot of sunshine and heat! Woburn have a high of 92 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2) Want to play guitar?: Lessons are available at the Woburn Senior Center, 144 School St, 10 a.m. Cost is $2, but song books will cost extra. Bring your own acoustic guitar and learn some easy chords and strumming patterns.
3) Event Spotlight: Like to go Barefoot? Well, today you can, but not in the traditional sense. Busa Wine & Spirits, 161 Main St, will host a wine sampling from 5 to 8 p.m. Sample some of Barefoot Wines' flavors including Pink Moscato and Merlot.
4) In Case You Missed It: Are Wells G & H—the infamous 'A Civil Action' site— still contaminated? Read our report on the latest testing results of the Superfund site here.
5) An unlikely pairing: On this day in 1995, the largest man-made satellite to orbit Earth was made. An American space shuttle merged with the Russian space station Mir, which combined the two rival space programs. The two crews exchanged gifts and remained docked together for five days. Left behind were two rested cosmonauts, while the shuttle returned two cosmonauts and one astronaut.
Want your event to be featured in Five Things? Upload it to our Calendar!