Five Things You Need To Know Today, March 4
Clouds are icky.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, March 4. Here are five things you need to know:
- Mostly icky: It’s going to be a dreary day, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS is predicting mostly cloudy skies all day, with the possibility of snow showers overnight and into Saturday morning. Ewww. Temperatures will probably only get to the mid-30s. Double-ewww.
- Tax time: Yup, Tax Day is just around the corner. Have you filed your taxes yet? No? We haven’t either. But when we’re ready to, we can head over to the Woburn Public Library to check-out a copy of tax forms’ instructions for one week or purchase a photocopied version of the instructions for a small fee.
- Outlets at home: Do you enjoy going to Kittery and shopping its many outlets? Did you know you can do some outlet shopping in Woburn too? The Talbots Outlet Store and Appleseed’s Outlet are both located in the Woburn Mall. There’s also a Lady Grace outlet store on Commerce Way.
- In case you missed it: The Woburn Memorial High School Lady Tanners basketball team finished a tremendous season Wednesday night. The team was upset at home by Lowell in the playoffs, but the Lady Tanners had an awesome season. Read all about their final game and who is returning to the team next season here.
- We have Dorchester: On this day in 1776, the Americans were able to slip more than 2,000 soldiers, cannons and artillery into position in Dorchester Heights, which is just south of Boston. By the next day, the British received word that the Americans had overtaken the area and the Red Coats left for Canada later in March. A white marble tower memorializes the taking of Dorchester Heights and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.