Five Things You Need to Know Today, Oct. 21
Two fantastic events are coming up this weekend in Woburn.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Sunny day: We survived more rain and now it looks like we’ll be rewarded with sunshine today, tomorrow and Sunday. Yahoo! Expect temperatures to be in the mid-60s with some wind. Gusts could reach up to 28 miles per hour, so make sure to hold onto your hat!
2) Pretty flowers: This Sunday, the Friends of the Woburn Public Library will hold a special “Holidays in Bloom” flower-arranging demonstration at 2 p.m. at the library building. Florists from Malvy’s on Main Street will show attendees how to make spectacular Thanksgivings and winter holiday flower displays.
3) Event spotlight: The city’s Harvest Fair will be held this Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Spence Farm. Join the city and the vendors of the Farmers Market for some fall fun, including pumpkin decorating, a corn maze, hay rides and a bouncy house.
4) In case you missed it: A Reading man faces extradition to Georgia after an early morning accident in Woburn yesterday. Woburn Police responded to the accident Thursday and learned that one of the drivers not only had a suspended license, he was wanted in Georgia. Read all about it here.
5) Carlton Fisk rounds the bases: On this day in 1975, Boston Red Sox catcher Carlton Fisk would hit a home run that curled around the famous yellow pole in right field at Fenway Park, leading the Sox to a game 6 win in the World Series. Video and photos of Fisk at home plate, trying to wave the ball fair, are still iconic images in Major League Baseball. Unfortunately for the Red Sox, Fisk’s magical home run wasn’t enough to win the World Series—they lost game 7 by a score of 4-3.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.