Five Things You Need to Know Today, Oct. 4
Our event spotlight focuses on a special Boys & Girls' Club fair.
Here are five things you need to know today:
1) More rain: Ugh, it’s shaping up to be another gray day in Woburn today. According to the National Weather Service, we’ll see rain, clouds and fog. What a dreary trifecta! Expect temperatures to stay in the 60s today.
2) More Starbucks: Being completely addicted to Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes means we often find ourselves wandering the streets looking for another hit of espresso. But lucky for WuPatch, a small Starbucks is now open inside of Target. We stopped by yesterday and can report that the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are as delicious there as they are at the Commerce Way and West Cummings Park locations.
3) Event spotlight: The Boys and Girls Club will host “Healthy Habits Night” tonight at 6 p.m. Head over to 1 Charles Gardner Lane for the family event, which features fun, informative activities on nutrition, health and fitness. You do not have to be a club member to attend the event.
4) In case you missed it: The Woburn Police had their hands full this weekend, dealing with seven arrests, a pedestrian accident and several incidents. Read all about the transgender prostitution arrest here, and the two teens struck by a car here.
5) ‘Donna Martin graduates!’: On this day in 1990, teen soap opera Beverly Hills, 90201 premiered on the Fox network. The show helped Fox become more prominent in the world of TV networks and made 90201 the most famous zip code in America. The soap focused on Brenda and Brandon Walsh, twins from Minnesota who moved to Beverly Hills with their parents. With Dylan, Kelly, Steve and Donna by their side, the Walsh twins navigated Beverly Hills High and hung out at the Peach Pit. Oh yeah, and Donna Martin graduated.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.