The trial of Marian Burbine, the wife of accused serial child molester John Burbine, is not expected to start on Aug. 9.
Appearing with his client at a Wednesday, March 20 hearing at Middlesex Superior Court, attorney John Ruehrwein told the court that he was seeking additional time because of the large amount of evidence associated with the case. The previous trial date for Marian Burbine had been June 25th.
At least one Woburn child is reportedly one of Burbine's alleged victims.
Marian Burbine is due back in court on April 25 for an evidence suppression hearing. A pre-trial conference hearing is set for July 30.
Marian Burbine and her husband were the proprietors of the former Waterfall Education Center, which offered tutoring and babysitting services but did not have the proper license. John Burbine was a Level 1 sex offender stemming from a years-old conviction.
She has remained under home confinement in Wakefield since late last year.
See More on Patch
- Local Lawmakers, Police Chief, Testify on Sex Offender Legislation
- Defendants Plead Guilty in Shooting of Woburn Police Officer and Armed Robbery
- Burbine Pleads Not Guilty to Charges in Essex County
- Investigators: Accused Child Molester Showed Porn to Toddlers
- Auditor Report Finds Sex Offenders at Registered Child Care Facilities
Most Popular articles
- Large Crowd Gathers at Woburn Tavern to Support Man Injured in Marathon Bombing
- Woburn Business Used as a Front in Human Trafficking Enterprise
- City Given Permission to Get Receivership of Nuisance House
- POLICE LOG: Vehicle Damaged in Hit-And-Run Accident, Missing Man Located
- POLICE LOG: Items Stolen From Residence, Suspicious Text Messages