It's a three-day weekend for most of us because of New Year's Day on Sunday, Jan. 1, and the bonus observation day of Monday, Jan. 1.
However, this also means lots of other folks get a few days off too, meaning various stores and government offices will be closed. Here's a quick rundown of the types of places that are open. If you're uncertain, call ahead to save yourself a trip.
Attention business owners: Feel free to leave a note in the comments with your business' specific open/closed schedule.
- convenience stores
- some restaurants
- some bars and pubs
- some liquor stores.
- City Hall
- public schools
- Woburn Public Library
- Post Office
- stock market
- federal, state and county offices
New Year's Day Observed—Monday, Jan. 2
- Blue, Orange, Green, and Red Line trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Buses, Silver Line, and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Commuter rail trains will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Rowes Wharf/ Hingham Shipyard and Logan Airport (Hull) will not operate.
- Quincy Fore River Shipyard to Long Wharf will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Inner Harbor Ferry will operate on Weekend schedule.
- THE RIDE Service will not offer subscription service. Customers should contact their contractors for service information.