POLICE LOG: More Accidents, Man Arrested After Domestic Dispute
An excerpt from the Woburn Police Department's Dec. 22-23 police log.
The following is an excerpt from the Woburn Police Department log. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
Dec. 22 -
- At 9:33 a.m., a Medford woman was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign/red flashing light after driving through the stop sign and causing an accident at Winn and Pleasant streets.
- At 10:47 a.m., police responded to Chester Avenue after the awning of a trailer struck a basketball hoop and net that was hanging over the street. According to police, the hoop fell over and the awning was damaged. The owner of the basketball hoop moved it at the officer's request, said police.
- At 1:31 p.m., police responded to a two-car accident on Salem Street. A driver was issued a citation for failure to yield to oncoming traffic was taking a left.
- At 3:30 p.m., a Malden woman was issued a citation for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and a one-way violation after police stopped her car on Cambridge Road.
- At 3:54 p.m., police responded to a report of a one-car accident on Ryan Road. According to police, the driver lost control of his car and struck a light pole at Industrial Parkway and Ryan Road.
- At 4:09 p.m., a Woburn man reported two unauthorized transactions on his credit card from a company in New Hampshire. Police contacted the company and learned that there was a computer problem, which caused the unauthorized transactions. The man and company are in touch about resolving the situation.
- At 6:48 p.m., police responded to a report of an accident on Squanto Road. According to police, the driver lost control of his car due to the weather and struck a tree.
- At 7:11 p.m., police responded to TJ Maxx at the Woburn Mall for a report of a shoplifter. When police arrived, the loss prevention officer for the store reported witnessing a Wakefield woman conceal over $100 in merchandise in her purse. According to police, the woman did return the merchandise and will be summonsed to Woburn District Court for shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
- At 7:14 p.m., a Carter Street man reported his car was struck by another vehicle while parked on the street. There were not witnesses to the accident and the operator of the other vehicle did not leave come forward.
- At 7:16 p.m., James Robert Little, Jr., 38, of 14 Cranston Circle, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery after police responded to a domestic disturbance report.
- At 9:09 p.m., an Inwood Drive resident reported his car slid on snow and ice in an apartment building parking lot, causing him to strike the garage building. According to police, the parking area and sidewalks of the complex were not plowed, salted or sanded, which contributed to the accident.
Dec. 23 -
- At 3:01 a.m., a Lynn man was issued a citation for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and failure to use care and caution after a motor vehicle accident at Montvale Avenue and Rainin Road. According to police, witnesses state the Lynn man cross the yellow lines and hit another car head-on. There were no reported injuries.