POLICE LOG: Officers Intervene at Restaurant Disturbance
An excerpt from the Woburn Police Department's Jan. 23-25 police log.
The following is an excerpt from the Woburn Police Department log. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
Jan. 23 –
- At 9:23 p.m., police were called to the Green Basil Restaurant on Main Street for a report of a disturbance. According to police, the parties involved recounted two different versions of the disturbance, but agreed that it was over the customer’s dissatisfaction with a meal. Police advised those involved of their right to seek a complaint in court.
Jan. 24 –
- At 12:39 p.m., police responded to a three-car accident on Washington Street. According to authorities, a car failed to stop in time and struck two cars that were stopped in the road. The driver was issued a written warning for failing to use care and caution while driving.
- At 6:04 p.m., police and fire were called to Commerce Way for a report of a two-car accident. One vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At 7:07 p.m., a Woburn woman reported her car was struck by a vehicle backing out of a parking spot on Main Street. According to police, the other driver asked the woman to go into a parking lot to exchange papers, but then fled the scene.
Jan. 25 –
- At 6:29 a.m., police responded to a two-car accident on Washington Street, near the Dunkin’ Donuts. According to police, a car traveling straight on Washington Street struck a car waiting to take a left turn. Police reported weather conditions made the roadway slick at the accident scene. A driver was cited for following too closely. Both cars were towed from the scene.
- At 2:57 p.m., police and fire were dispatched to Mishawum Road for a report of a two-car accident at the Courtyard Marriot. According to authorities, a car leaving the hotel struck another car traveling on Mishawum. A passenger in the vehicle was transported to Winchester Hospital via a Woburn Fire ambulance. The driver was cited for failure to use care in entering a travel lane.