The Week Ahead: Lectures, Trivia and Books
Take a peek at some of the events in Woburn this week, August 1-5.
Each week Patch will highlight a smattering of the upcoming events in Woburn; Welcome to the Week Ahead.
- On Monday at the Sea Dog Brew Pub, at 8:00pm, get a team together and compete for fun prizes at Stump Trivia. Have a few pints, grab some pub grub and put your brain to the test with prizes (and respect!) on the line.
- On Tuesday, at the Friendly's at 611 Main St, Stoneham, 20% of your check will be donated to Woburn Bowladrome's "Juniors-to-Canada" program! Stop by and grab something tasty and participate in Friendly's Fundraiser which sponsors those children who will compete in the annual Atlantic Coast Junior Bowling Classic tournament in Nova Scotia.
- On Wednesday at Whole Foods Markets, from 5:00pm–6:00pm check out Whats Cooking. Join staff and guests for a weekly tasting event! Cruise the aisles and check out food and cooking demonstrations in each department.
- On Thursday at the Woburn Senior Center, at 10:30am sit in on 'Antarctica Then and Now' an interesting historical lecture that is sure to be entertaining and educational.
- At the Woburn Public Library, on Friday from 10:00am–2:00pm stop by the Children's Room Book Sale. Come check out thier used books, audiobooks, VHS tapes, and more! Everything is 25 cents.