Two Take Scavenger Hunt First Place Title
In a tight race, two Woburn residents win the first Woburn Patch Holiday Scavenger Hunt.
As December came to a close last week, so did the Woburn Patch Holiday Scavenger Hunt.
Woburn residents Irene Simas and Annemarie Gangi won our first Woburn Patch contest, each finding all eight scavenger hunt clues before Dec. 31.
Clues were posted each Wednesday and Saturday—including Christmas Day!—from Dec. 4 to Dec. 29. Woburn Patch readers had until Dec. 31 to submit photos of themselves at the clue location with the Patch item hidden there.
Simas was off to a strong start in the contest, with Julie Gage of the Boys & Girls Club hot on her heels. Gangi entered the contest later, but managed to hit all eight locations and catch up to Simas. Gage placed second in the contest, submitting entries for five of the eight clues.
Here are the clues, as they appeared on Woburn Patch, with their locations:
- Clue #1 - The faces at this location may be grotesque, but they're worth seeing. Check out the place where history and knowledge meet. Location #1 – Woburn Public Library
- Clue #2 – The weather outside is frightful. But the treats here are so delightful. Icy or hot, savory or sweet, this location is a great place to meet. Location #2 – Starbucks, Commerce Way
- Clue #3 – Swimming, basketball, art, and ping pong; it's a safe place to go all school year long. Kids come here to have lots of fun, but the clues will go fast so you'd better run! Location #3 – Boys and Girls Club
- Clue #4 – With old world gelato and a coffee bar, this clue location could be in Italy. But you won't have to travel far, just pass by Candy Island and you'll find it! Location #4 – Whole Foods
- Clue #5 – This place is cheery, this place is bright. With sweet smells and beautiful poinsettias, it's a Main Street delight. Location #5 – Malvy's Florist
- Clue #6 – Where the corners meet, this place is royalty. Location #6 – Boston King Coffee
- Clue #7 – On Christmas day, don't get "tangled" up in a feud and be the family "fighter." Show some "true grit" and enjoy the holiday. Location #7 – Showcase Cinemas
- Clue #8 – It sure is fun to stay here, it's definitely a place you can go. Find the center that everyone knows. Location #8 – North Suburban YMCA
Simas and Gangi will both win a Patch prize and will be contacted by Local Editor Danielle Masterson for information on how to collect their goodies.