What's Open on Christmas Day?
Woburn Patch found 10 businesses open on Saturday.
With the Christmas holiday right around the corner, we thought about what businesses might be open on Saturday. Christmas Day is one of only three holidays all year that all city package stores are closed, along with Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
But here are 10 other establishments that we found will that be open:
- The New China Pearl, at 228 Mishawum Road, will be open from 11 a.m. to midnight, offering authentic Chinese and Mandarin cuisine.
- The Great Mandarin Restaurant, at 186 Cambridge Road, open from noon to 8 p.m., serving upscale Chinese food.
- Sichuan Garden II, at 2 Alfred St., open noon to 10 p.m., also upscale Chinese style of food.
- Taipei Tokyo Cafe, located at 318 Main St., open from noon to 10:30 p.m. serving the cuisines of both Taiwan and Japanese cooking.
- Oriental Chinese Restaurant, at 351 Main St., open noon to 10:30 p.m., Chinese food mainly for takeout and delivery.
- The Far East Cafe, at 40 Cummings Park, open 11:30 a.m. until 9 p.m., specializing in buffet and dim sum faire.
- Also open are convenient staples for those very last-minute items needed. Convenient 38, located at 880 Main St., offers soft drinks, lottery tickets, newspapers and any other small stocking stuffers needed. Open from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- 7-11 at 173 Cambridge Road is open 24 hours a day and also has a wide variety of convenience items.
- 7-11 at 289 Montvale Ave. is also open 24 hours a day and can help you fulfill your last-minute needs.
- Roma's Bakery, at 312 Main St., will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., offering homemade breads, pies, cakes and anything else delicious you can think of to end the holiday right.