Woburn Storm Center: Closings, Parking Ban, No Driving and No Mail Delivery
Stay connected on up-to-date information for the potential blizzard.
Updated Saturday at 1:05 p.m.
The snow has fallen and crews are out in force to clear the roads.
According to NSTAR's power outage map, there are no major power outages in town.
The travel ban decreed yesterday by Gov. Deval Patrick is still in effect until "further notice." The rationale is that the ban will make it easier for plows to clear the roads.
The following categories will be updated regularly throughout the storm:
- Gov. Deval Patrick has signed an executive order banning vehicle traffic effective at 4 p.m. this afternoon.
- The state highways will stop collecting tolls at 2 p.m. today.
EMERGENCY PARKING BAN
- There is an emergency parking ban in effect starting at 6 a.m. Friday morning and will be in effect until noon on Sunday, Feb. 10. The ban means no on-street parking, either side of the street, during this time period.
- Woburn Public Schools will be closed on Friday, Feb. 8.
- State Courthouses, including Woburn District Court: all state courthouses will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8.
- The Woburn Public Library is now closed and will be closed all day Saturday.
- Whole Foods Markets is closed.
- Boston Bruins home game on Saturday has been pushed from a 1 p.m. to a 7 p.m. start.
- Farino Show at Woburn Public Library scheduled for Sunday is being postponed until Sunday, Feb. 24.
- The 2013 Woburn Democratic Caucus scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 9, at 4 p.m. has been postmopned due to the pending snow storm. A new date will be posted shortly.
- Woburn Bowladrome: The Saturday Youth League has been cancelled for February 9th. The bowlers will make up the week on February 23rd. The Valentine's Day Tournament will be held February 16th.
Stop & Shop Special Hours
- Stop & Shop will be open until midnight Thursday and will open early at 6 a.m. Friday.
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 781-933-1212
- Fire Department: 781-932-4560
- DPW: 781-897-5990
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
- MBTA Anderson/Woburn station: Service updates
List of cab companies:
- Checker Cab of Woburn: 781-937-6000
- Woburn Cab: 781-933-5000
List of tow companies:
- Tom's Auto Body: 781-935-7212
- Royal Towing: 781-939-5747
- Murray's Towing: 781-938-1439
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Woburn Patch to help out your neighbors.
As we prepare for the winter storm, we want to make sure that Woburn stays connected. For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet and 'like' Woburn Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Woburn Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful during the storm. Stay safe Woburn!