Local youngsters are getting some acting experience and putting on a show for area communities.
The Backyard Broadway Camp, featuring students from Burlington and area towns, is putting on a production of Into the Woods, Jr. next week, a play based on the book by James Lapine with music and lyrics by Steven Sondheim.
- August 11 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- August 12, 2012 at 2 pm and 7 pm
Where: Reading Memorial High School
Tickets: $15 at the door, open seating
About Backyard Broadway
Backyard Broadway Camp is in its fifth season. The camp provides a theatrical skill developing program and a platform for both seasoned theatrical students and beginners.
Enhancing the key theatrical elements of singing, acting and dancing, instruction is provided by Margaret Murphy Corsino. Corsino, the director and founder of Backyard Broadway, studied music and theater at Boston College and is a private vocal instructor in Burlington and Bedford. She is supported by her staff of college students who are training to be professionals in the industry.
About Into the Woods, Jr:
Into The Woods, based on the book by James Lapine with music and lyrics by Steven Sondheim, by offers up a absurd fairy tale where all of your favorite characters—Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack (and his beanstalk) and The Witch—meet and interact on their journeys in the woods. Appropriate for all ages.
- THE BAKER, Jack Linnehan, Senior Bedford High
- THE BAKER'S WIFE, Amanda Gregorio, Freshman Burlington High
- THE WITCH, Emily Martin, Senior Burlington and Katie Linnehan, 8th Grade Bedford
- CINDERELLA, Mia Campbell, *7th grade Burlington
- LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD, Gabrielle Corsino, 7th grade, Burlington
- THE WOLF, Kevin Dukas, 8th grade, Woburn
- RAPUNZEL, Emily Ovesen, 6th grade, Burlington
- MYSTERIOUS MAN, Tommy Splagounias, 6th grade, Burlington