Invite a friend
Lowell Kids Week 2013
Learn a new skill, explore your creativity, and get active at Lowell Kids Week 2013! Lowell Kids Week is an annual festival of free family fun that takes place during February school vacation. Events are hosted by seventeen partner organizations and take place at locations throughout Lowell. The complete schedule of events is now available at www.lowellkidsweek.org. All programs are free, but many require pre-registration – plan ahead!
Lowell Kids Week consists of fifty free programs, so there’s something for everyone, from toddlers to teenagers!
- Want to get active? Free ice skating and swimming, courtesy of the Lowell Recreation Department.
- For outdoorsy kids? Check out a seed planting workshop from Mill City Grows and a nature walk with the Lowell Parks and Conservation Trust!
- Want to learn a creative new skill? Try fabric stamping at the American Textile History Museum, knitting and basket making at Lowell National Historical Park, or weaving at the Tsongas Industrial History Center.
- Like to dance? Attend a workshop from the Lowell Community Health Center Teen Block, Lowell National Historical Park, or the Angkor Dance Troupe.
- Have a competitive streak? Challenge yourself with Bingo at the Senior Center, “Minute to Win It” at Girls Incorporated, and legos at the Pollard Library.
...and LOTS more!