It's a big year, this 2013. Why? Well, because we beat the Mayan calendar and made it past 2012! But it's also a gigantic year because you can get involved and share all things Woburn like never before.
We have certainly grown and changed since we started. So even if you think you know how to use Patch like a pro, here are some more tips to stay informed - and more importantly, inform others.
1. Add photos to our brand new Neighborhood Gallery. Have a great picture from a night at Scoreboard or sledding at Joyce Middle School or maybe of your child's performance? Now you can share it with everyone else in town - and the gallery is an easy spot for your family to find it.
2. Follow every step of a story. Use our follow-up feature to know when we post a new story about a topic you're vested in. Just click on the "Keep Me Posted" button at the bottom of your desired article.
3. Seamlessly tell neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses - good or bad - by going to their Directory page and sharing your thoughts.
4. Share an opinion by commenting on stories. What you think matters, so tell the rest of us what is on your mind.
5. Let us everyone know about a great story. Did you attend a fantastic PTO event or an exciting game? Write something up, take a picture and post it on Woburn Patch.
7. Post announcements for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement are history! Now you can tell the town when you get married, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
8. Need help on a community service project? Post a call for volunteers. And if you're ready to do some good in the neighborhood, browse our volunteer listings.
9. Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a Letter to the Editor that we'll publish on the site.
10. Sign up for our newsletter by clicking on the "Get the Newsletter" button on the homepage. Wake up and have Woburn Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around.