Here are five things you need to know today in Woburn:
1) Ooooo scary!
Happy Halloween! Need somewhere to go after Trick or Treating tonight? There is a haunted house on Mikaila Way starting at 7 p.m. It's open to the public and run by the family living in the house. Have a spooky good time!
2) Trick or Treat!
All dressed up and ready to get some candy? Head on over to the Woburn Mall tonight for indoor Trick or Treating at the stores! And look on Woburn Patch for some safety tips before heading out tonight.
3) Still cloudy...
According to the National Weather Service's specialized forecast just for Woburn, we will still be covered with clouds today. It could rain before 3 p.m. today, but will also be cloudy otherwise. Expect temperatures to be in the mid-60s.
4) In case you missed it
Hurricane Sandy traveled through Woburn Monday, leaving three neighborhoods down and out in her wake. Many residents shared their thoughts in our Storify stream, while others shared photos on Tuesday. We checked in with Mayor Scott Galvin yesterday to find out how the city fared. Find out what he said here.
5) Headlines in history
Let's take a walk through Woburn's history, shall we? Some headlines in newspapers regarding Oct. 31 events in Woburn were:
- 1924—Woburn Youths Held In $10,000—Pair charged with attacking Salem girls.
- 1939—Rules Woburn Must Pay $47,967—City must pay employees back wages.
- 1949—Woburn Firemen Win Long Fight for 8-Hour Day—Fight lasted 10 years.
- 1957—35,000 See Halloween Parade to Spur Lions' Drive
- 1962—Woburn Lions Plan Halloween Parade—The eighth parade, held Halloween night.