Here are five things you need to know today:
1) A dip: We've been spoiled by the summer-like weather in Woburn this week. The National Weather Service forecasts that today will be about 63 degrees with partly cloudy skies. This is cooler than the last few days, but still lovely!
2) Looking to get out, ladies?: The at 78G Olympia Ave., hosts every Wednesday. Only $5 gets you an all day climbing pass.
3) Event Spotlight: at the 1 Charles Gardner Ln. Bring the kiddies down to the club and let them get some energy out. Especially on vacation week! Playgroup is from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
4) In case you missed it: Do you like science? Do you like to learn new things? Then read about the St Charles School science and academic fair in Nadine's story from yesterday!
5) Passing of genius: On this day in 1955, German-born theoretical physicist Albert Einstein died after experiencing internal bleeding caused by the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Einstein is quoted as refusing surgery and saying "I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly." Einstein, of course, was the man behind the theory of general relativity and is considered to be the father of modern physics.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.