Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Rain today: Looks like it’s going to be a rainy kind of Wednesday. The National Weather Service is forecasting rain between 1 and 10 p.m. today. Temperatures will get into the high-40s, but expect to bring your umbrella wherever you go today!
2) City Hall holiday hours: will close its doors early tomorrow night at 4:30 p.m. The building will also be closed for the Christmas holiday on Friday, Dec. 23 and Monday, Dec. 26. For more information on holiday closings, click here.
3) Event spotlight: It’s tonight. From noon to 10 p.m., all women can purchase a daylong climbing pass for only $5. All women are welcome, even ladies who have never rock-climbed before!
4) In case you missed it: The city received over $200,000 in funding from the state thanks to its “green” status. !
5) Harry, keep the change: On this day in 1974, singer-songwriter Harry Chapin scored a number one hit with his song “Cats in the Cradle.” The song tells the sad tale of an absent father and the cycle of absenteeism in the family. Although it was his big pop hit, many of Chapin’s fans will recognize the line from our title—It’s from the song “Taxi,” which is considered his signature song. Chapin was killed on the Long Island Expressway in a 1981 traffic accident.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.