Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Can you stand the rain?: Looks like Friday is going to be a rainy one, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS is forecasting a 100 percent chance of rain, mostly before 1 p.m., and patchy fog. (Our undying love and affection to the reader who can tell us where we got our tagline from for today’s weather report. Tell us in the comments!)
2) Youth Soccer registration: The at at 10 a.m. Saturday.
3) Event spotlight: Ah, yes, it’s that time of year again. Girl Scout cookie time! Need a Thin Mint fix? Maybe it’s only Tagalongs for you. No matter what you crave, the Girl Scouts will have them for you!
4) In case you missed it: The Connolly family of Woburn is hosting a who died suddenly in 2010. Proceeds from Saturday’s tournament will go toward Pop Warner scholarships in Sgt. Connolly’s name.
5) We all shine on: On this day in 1970, John Lennon wrote and recorded the hit single “Instant Karma.” As Lennon once said, “I wrote it for breakfast, recorded it for lunch and we’re putting it out for dinner.” The song was actually released less than two weeks after it was written and recorded on Tuesday, Jan. 27, 1970. Who do you think you are? A superstar… Well, right you are, Mr. Lennon.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.