"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, June 17. Here are five things you need to know:
- Scattered showers: The National Weather Service is forecasting a little rain and a little sun, as we get ready to head into the weekend in Woburn. According to the NWS, we’ll see clouds and some showers, probably after 9 a.m., and temperatures will stay in the mid-70s. Expect a little more rain on Saturday, but sunny skies on Sunday.
- Get ready to giggle: The is hosting a buffet dinner and comedy show tonight at the Montvale Avenue banquet facility. on the event.
- Scoreboard: If comedy isn’t your thing, you might want to head over to tonight for a musical performance by band . Music starts at 9 p.m. at the Middlesex Canal bar.
- In case you missed it: The Woburn Police Log was filled with accidents and smaller incidents yesterday, but one stood out. A North Reading teenager took his car over a sidewalk, a stone wall and into a yard. .
- They got the right stuff: On this day in 1989, New Kids on the Block, Boston’s best boy band—OK, Woburn Patch is biased, we admit it—hit number one with the single “I’ll Be Loving You Forever.” NKOTB, made up of five Boston teens from Dorchester and Jamaica Plain, sold nearly 16 million copies of the album “Hangin’ Tough” and is still going strong today. Just last weekend, they performed a special one-night-only concert at Fenway Park. (And yes, Woburn Patch was there.)
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.