Today is Wednesday, Sept. 21. Here are five things you need to know:
1) Midweek sunlight: Although the National Weather Service is expecting patchy fog this morning, the NWS is forecasting sunlight for the rest of the day. Expect temperatures to stay in the mid-70s with a slight breeze.
2) Board of Appeals: The zoning board will meet tonight at at Agenda items include a new fence for an Olympia Avenue business, a Woburn Historical Commission request and several private home petitions.
3) WWI presentation: The Senior Issues breakfast and lecture series continues today with a presentation by author Eddie Brady on his work, Event starts at 9:45 a.m.
4) In case you missed it: City Building Inspector Tom Quinn outlined the process officials will need to undergo to dismantle and remove the portable classrooms at the Clapp School. Read all about it here.
5) The most famous traitor: On this day in 1780, America’s most famous traitor—Benedict Arnold—met with the British to discuss handing over West Point to the Brits in return for a large sum of money. The plot was foiled and turned the former hero into a traitor.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.