Today is Thursday, Sept. 22. Here are five things you need to know:
1) No more rain!: The National Weather Service is forecasting a dreary day today with a 60 percent chance of showers. Expect to see lots of clouds, but temperatures may reach the high 70s.
2) An acoustic nightcap: will be performing acoustic music at the tonight, starting at 7 p.m.
3) Tanner pride: The team will take on the Reading High Rockets at 3 p.m. at the Woburn Country Club.
4) In case you missed it: Our Local Voices bloggers are writing about issues such as getting older, parent-teacher organizations and other current events. Check them out here!
5) The toughest job you’ll ever love: On this day in 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed legislation making the Peace Corps an official government agency. The Corps was designed to send civilian volunteers to impoverished and less-developed countries to assist the people there. Kennedy believed that if these countries were assisted by the Peace Corps, they would be less likely to fall susceptible to communism.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.