Each week Patch will highlight a smattering of the upcoming events in Woburn; Welcome to the Week Ahead.
- On Monday at the , from 7:00pm–8:30pm take the kids to Travel around the world without leaving the city and join others in the Family Friendly International Film Festival. Monday's selection is The Secret of Roan Inish, set in Ireland and is a magical tale of a girl whose search for her missing brother brings an Irish legend to life.
- Get up early on Tuesday and arrive at the Burlington Mall by 7:00am for . Every morning the doors by the Legal Seafoods Entrance are opened to allow you to walk the mall. Each time around is 0.8 Miles, so it's a great way to exercise rain or shine, hot or cold.
- Head down to , on Wednesday from 5:00pm–6:00pm for . Join staff and guests for a weekly tasting event! Cruise the aisles and check out food and cooking demonstrations in each department.
- At the , on Thursday from 10:00am–11:30am check out . Find out where in the world houses are built on stilts, and why. Then build your own miniature stilt house out of found materials. This program is part of our Summer Reading Program, is sponsored by the Friends of the Woburn Public Library and is great for anyone 5+.
- On Monday, at the Stone Zoo (49 Pond St, Stoneham) don't miss the exhibit. The show features 16 different bird species from around the world, including the Egyptian vulture, American kestrel, king vulture, barn owl and white-bellied stork, in this engaging, memorable and educational experience for visitors of all ages. Daily show times are 11 AM, 1 PM and 3 PM until September 5, 2011. All shows are free with paid admission to Stone Zoo.
Heres a look at the public meetings on offer this week:
- , August 9, 7:00pm
- : , August 11, 7:00pm