A free workshop to help senior citizens with their balance is scheduled for Sept. 20 at the
The Lahey Clinic program "A Matter of Balance" is geared toward helping seniors "manage falls [while] increasing activity levels."
According to Be Well Woburn, the city's organization dedicated to improving residents' health and wellness, the class will help seniors:
- view falls as controllable;
- set goals for increasing activity;
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home; and
- exercise to increase strength and balance.
If you're not sure if you should attend, Be Well Woburn suggests the class is for:
- anyone concerned about falls;
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength;
- anyone who has fallen in the past; and
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns.
The program will begin at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Center and is sponsored by Be Well Woburn.