Many people today say that they do not want to invest their money in foreign companies. They want to invest their money in American companies only. Which of the following companies are American?
- IBM Personal Computer Division
- Westinghouse Nuclear Energy
- Lucent Technologies
RCA is owned by French conglomerate Thomson SA. Zenith is owned by Korean manufacturer LG Electronics. The Swedish company Electrolux owns Frigidair. Lenovo, a Chinese company, purchased IBM Personal Computer Division is a Chinese company. Westinghouse Nuclear Energy’s major shareholder is Toshiba – a Japanese company. Lucent Technologies, a former research division of AT&T, along with all of the patents acquired from the beginning of the phone system was sold to Alcatel SA of France in 2006. Anheuser-Busch is owned by Brazillian-Belgian brewing company InBev.
In today’s Global Market, many traditional American companies are no longer American companies.
* Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
* Consult your financial professional before making any investment decision.
* The opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and are not necessarily the same as those of Ausdal Financial Partners.
* Securities offered through Ausdal Financial Partners, Member FINRA/SIPC, 220 North Main Street, Suite 400, Davenport, Iowa 52801 (563) 326-2064. Joan K. Norton, CMFC, RFC, LLC and Ausdal Financial Partners are Independent Companies.